Metro East Chapter of Credit Unions Charity Committee
Keeping with the Credit Union philosophy of "People Helping People," Metro East Chapter of Credit Unions Charity Committee will provide the necessary support to make a positive charitable impact within our combined communities.
The Metro East Chapter of Credit Unions has sought to focus and unify our charitable efforts among the 32 credit unions stretching from Port Huron down to Detroit. Recognizing this need a committee was formed January 23, 2007.
Charity Focus in 2018
January – March: American Heart Association
- Has been working to save and improve lives from heart disease and stroke for more than 90 years
- Funds innovative research, fights for stronger public health policies, and provides critical tools and information to save and improve lives.
April - June: Habitat for Humanity
- Provides low-income families with decent, affordable housing
- Since inception, built 141 homes in nine Macomb County communities
- Goal is to host build day for CU employees
July - September: Pets for Vets
- Supports veterans and provides a second chance for shelter pets
- Matches and trains companion animals for returning veterans
October - November: Capuchin Soup Kitchen
- Capuchin Soup Kitchen strives to feeding bodies, nourishing spirits, and strengthening communities.
- Since inception in 1929 Capuchin Soup Kitchen has served thousands of people in need.
- Goal is to bring together the CU community to help feed and make a positive impact in the lives of those who Capuchin serves.
December: Friends of Foster Kids
Friends of Foster Kids provides gifts during the holiday season to foster children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect and placed in temporary housing or shelters.
To join the charity committee or for additional information, please contact:
Christian Financial Credit Union