Metro East Chapter of Credit Unions Charity Committee
Keeping with the Credit Union philosophy of "People Helping People," Metro East Chapter of Credit Unions Charity Committee will provide the necessary support to make a positive charitable impact within our combined communities.
The Metro East Chapter of Credit Unions has sought to focus and unify our charitable efforts among the 32 credit unions stretching from Port Huron down to Detroit. Recognizing this need a committee was formed January 23, 2007.
Charity Focus in 2017
January – March: Mission of Mercy
- Provides free dental services to disadvantaged men, women, and children
- Last year, served 968 patients and provided nearly $1 million worth of dental care
- Hosts mini-clinics in Metro-Detroit area
April - June: Habitat for Humanity
- Provides low-income families with decent, affordable housing
- Since inception, built 141 homes in nine Macomb County communities
- Goal is to host build day for CU employees
July - September: Pets for Vets
- Supports veterans and provides a second chance for shelter pets
- Matches and trains companion animals for returning veterans
- Winner of 2016 Wild Card Charity
October - November: Susan G. Komen
- Seventh year of support from Metro East
- More than $32,000 in total donations
- Moved to coincide with Breast Cancer Awareness Month
December: Friends of Foster Kids
Friends of Foster Kids provides gifts during the holiday season to foster children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse and neglect and placed in temporary housing or shelters.
To join the charity committee or for additional information, please contact:
Michigan Legacy Credit Union