METRO EAST CHAPTER OF CREDIT UNIONS
CHARITY COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
November 12, 2009
The regular and 2010 planning meeting of the CHARITY COMMITTEE of the METRO EAST CHAPTER OF CREDIT UNIONS was called to order by Chairperson Crystal Gracz at 9:13 a.m. on November 12, 2009 at Motor City Co-op Credit Union, Clinton Township, MI.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT:
Crystal Gracz, Gail Hernalsteen, Laura Beauregard, Aaron Smith, Becky Reini, Jenny Bulgrien, Kathy Figgs & Ronnie Johnson.
COMMITTEE MEMBERS EXCUSED: Kathi Sitek
Jessica Johnson (Belle River Community Credit Union) and Antoinette Funke (Eastside Family Credit Union)
PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES:
Motion made by Laura Beauregard and supported by Ronnie Johnson to approve the minutes of October 6, 2009 meeting as is. Motion carried.
Gleaner’s Food Bank-Aaron Smith reported that containers and posters were delivered to Credit Unions who were interested in participating in Gleaners Community Food Bank. Any other interested Credit Unions may contact Aaron Smith at Premier Financial Credit Union firstname.lastname@example.org or 586-416-3700 x 219. Support of this charity will continue through end of December. Aaron will arrange to pick up containers the 1st week of January 2010.
Recap of 2009 Charities-Gail Hernalsteen reported the 2009 Charity totals and comparison to 2008 totals. To date there is a -$6,224.67 difference due in part to the economic conditions of the area and also no credit unions participated in Replay for Life in the Port Huron area.
Report and Recommendations from the Executive Board-Gail Hernalsteen reported the following recommendations from the Chapter’s Executive Committee:
- The term of the Committee Chairman is now limited to a 2 year period so other committee members have the opportunity to serve as chairman if desired. An election of all table officers will be held every 2 years.
- $5,400 was allotted to the Charity Committee for 2010 charities.
- Additional press releases were suggested and pictures of charity involvement should be included on the website.
2010 Charities-Various charities were presented by committee members and discussed. A motion was made by Kathy Figgs and supported by Laura Beauregard that following charities will be supported by Metro East Chapter of Credit Unions. Motion carried.
- Jan/Feb-Goodwill Industries, Pay it 4ward-Ronnie Johnson & Antoinette Funke, Co-chair
- March/April-March of Dimes, Gail Hernalsteen, Chair
- May/June-Relay for Life-Laura Beauregard, Chair
- July/August-Ronald McDonald House-Becky Reini & Kathy Figgs, Co-chair
- Sept/Oct-Phone Home for the Holidays-Crystal Gracz, Chair
- Nov/Dec-Gleaners Community Food Bank-Aaron Smith, Chair
Crystal Gracz will send out a Notice through MCUL to all Metro East Credit Unions with the 2010 Charities and request for their participation at any level. Committee provided suggestions for Credit Unions that may only want to have limited participation that the Credit Unions implement a “Jean Day”, sell pledge cards or participate for only 1 of the 2 months. Additional copies of the Notice will be available at the Chapter’s Holiday Luncheon to promote the charities to more Credit Unions.
A motion was made by Jenny Bulgrien and supported by Aaron Smith to welcome Antoinette Funke (replacing Barb Pitlik) and Jessica Johnson, aka “JJ” as members of the Charity Committee. Motion carried.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010-Motor City Co-op Credit Union at 9 a.m.
Motion was made by Aaron Smith and supported by Becky Reini to adjourn this meeting at 10:25 a.m. Motion carried.
Crystal Gracz, Chairperson Gail Hernalsteen, Interim Secretary